shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day "I've lost count" Round 3 Chemo

I haven't written in a long time. Finally feeling better and I don't want to think about next Monday when I start this all over again. Met with my oncologist and he is just pleased as punch that I am going through this process so well. My tumor has definately shrunk. I have another CT scan of my entire torso on Oct. 26th. He will then compare this current scan with the one he took before I started chemo. After much research and contemplation I have made an appointment with an oncology surgeon in Santa Monica for Nov. 2, her name is Dr. Alice Chung and she comes highly recommended. AND she takes insurance, which believe it or not, not all surgeons do. The 2 highest rated surgeons at Cedar Sinai do not take insurance. I also found a lovely woman plastic reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Tiffany Grunwald, in Santa MOnica, whom I have a consult with at the end of Oct. She also takes my insurance which pretty much made my head swoon. No one takes insurance anymore for plastic surgery.  I am so pleased with my choices so far. The end is near! I can't believe how quickly time goes by. My kids have proven to be so resiliant. They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment