shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 6: Round 4 Chemo...Out From the Haze

It is Saturday morning 5:45am and I just sprung out of bed to make coffee and spend some time on the computer. The chemo haze lasted much longer this time because my steroids were cut down. I have been sitting or laying on my arse since Wednesday. It feels good to have some energy. I went down hard on Thursday late afternoon and all day yesterday. My mother was again a great help. She cooked for me and the family. She ran out to the Mexican market to get ingredients to make me a torta with papas fritas and pan dulce when I asked for it. And she massaged my aching body all day. Oh thank God round 4 is over! I'm so glad there are only 6 rounds in total because I'm not sure how many more I could take. I do not look forward to the next 2 rounds, I loathe them. But I am lookig forwaard to this weekend. The kids are spending the night with my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law and my neice, so I will spend a little alone time with Erich, who seems to need a little nurturing himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment