Wow! One year ago, almost to the hour, I received the phone calls from Dr. P and Dr. G informing me that my biopsy had tested positive for breast cancer. Deep breath. In some ways I have changed, but really life just goes on.
Psychological issues that bother me now:
1. If the cancer comes back I cannot think about going through all this again.
2. If I were to receive a terminal diagnosis; would I feel that I had lived my life to the fullest?
Physical results from chemo, surgery & radiation:
1. Toe fungus
2. Sensitive to waxing
3. Affected breast is lumpy, hard & painful.
4. My skin is super dark brown where I burned and I have a scar on my left shoulder from burn.
5. I have gained 20 pounds during this process.
6. I must wax my face every 3 weeks because I am really hairy.
My hair is about 3 inches long now and super curly, like an afro. My long lashes & eyebrows are back to normal, thank God! My skin is good, but I still have traces of dark circles under my eyes. I sleep well. I was cleared to excercise at the end of June, but it has been difficult with my kids out of school. I am looking for work so that I can fund my passions (boots, concerts, and travel). The boys are doing really well. I think they have recovered. I'm not sure that Erich will ever be the same. This year really affected him. I think it would be good for us to find a group of cancer patients and their partners to join. I look forward to final surgery in December so that I may be complete.:)