shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mondy, Jan.31, 2011

Just came back from Dr. G. She is concerned that I heal before radiation. I must meet with the radiologist first to get a feel for his plan. If we can slide a bit on the timeline I can heal on my own, if not (I'm due to start in 2 weeks) I will need a stich or 2 in my left breast. My last drain was pulled out. OUCH! But, I am so happy to be free of the tubes. No baths or jacuzzi until my drain holes heal completely and my breast tissue. Dr. G informed me that radiation therapy will last 5-7 weeks and I need to heal for 4 months before the second surgery. She suggested that we may complete the second surgery on all my body parts BUT the left breast, so that I don't have to walk around unfinished until the summer. That would leave the left breast and nipple only to finih in the summer. Argh, 5-7 weeks of drining daily to Santa Monica. Next year at this time I will look back and laugh. And be proud of the hard work I have put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment