shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011

This mornig my heart aches/breaks for friends of mine. I am praying for them.

Sitting at home, unable to drive, has given me too much time to think. By the end of the day yesterday I had begun to feel low. I'm healing so quickly and now my nerve endings are repairing and I'm in constant pain. I was feeling like this journey has been one long journey through pain. Every step of the way has been brutal so far. So, how do I get through it? What motivates me? My family, epecially my boys.

Last night I confided in my husband my fear (and understanding) that he may be tempted toward a transgretion at this point in time. Our lives have been consumed by my sickness for the past 6 months. Marital relations are almost impossible and non-exitent. He is a single dad and my nurse-maid. His response to me was that he "never felt closer to me in the 15 years we have been together." Yet another gift that cancer has given me. These past months have been hard for Erich and me, but we have also laughed a great deal during this time. Cancer has brought us closer in ways I never imagined.

1 comment: