shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011

Back home today. Mom dropped me off, shopped and cooked dinner for all of us before headin back home.
LAst Tuesday I saw Dr. C and Dr. G. Dr. C reported again to me that she removed 2 regions (a total of 18) of lymph nodes, 2 of which were positive for cancer. The fact that I had 2 positive nodes and a tumor sized at 6 cm, radiation therapy is a must. She refferred me to a radiology oncologist fromSt. John's hospital who she works with and highly respects. Dr. G took out 3 tubes (all from my chest) and left the 2 in my abdomen until MOnday when they should come out. When she took the small ones out it didn't hurt, but I gotta say the big tube smarted a bit when she pulled it out. She also took out the stiches in my new belly button, which I must say is a piece of art. It looks like a real belly button. I got the OK to raise my arms a little bit, ditch the pillows propping my head up and the ones under my knees. I can walk standing straight now although my stomach is stretched so tightly it feels like it might rip. I'm still in love with my new body. I was born to be a "c" cup. Every day I get stronger, have more energy, and am in less pain. In fact I am on just ibuprophen these days, no more vicodin. I plan to meet with my oncologist Feb 2, when we will talk about his recommendation for next steps. Then I make a decission as to which approach feels best to me. Radiation therapy in about 4 weeks, recovery, then second surgery, and more recovery....And the beat goes on....

1 comment:

  1. You are a strong women! I am thinking and praying for you everyday! My son Collin had radiation during his first treatment. You've got this♥

    ReplyDelete