shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2010

I recovered quickly and quietly at my mother's house. I think the calm, warm waters of my parents' saline jacuzzi helped me through. There was no pain and night sweats. Yesterday I had my first day standing on my own two feet. My boys are out of school for Winter break and Erich worked a 12 hour day. Staying home with the boys was the easy part. My husband coming home proved to be the trying part. He is so angry. I think he dreads my surgery, where as I can only look toward it with excitement. He says that when his father was dying from lung cancer every surgery took an emotional toll on the family. I'm trying to "feel" for him, but it is hard when he behaves like such an ASS. Today I go for my chest MRI at 9:30 and then I meet with my oncology surgeon at 1:00 to go over the results. I expect only great news! My hair continues to fill in at a rapid rate now. I expect to have a full "felt GI Joe head" soon. I don't mean to complain, but for the love of God, why does it have to come back all grey? That reminds me, as soon as I get a free moment I'm coloring it. My eyelashes and eyebrows are not falling out anymore, but they sure aren't filling in as fast as I would like. That reminds me, I see my oncologist tomorrow; I will ask for a Latisse prescription. My leg hairs are fewer, but are growing in just fine; same with my under arm hair. I am filled with happiness these days, there is a lightness in the air (at least for me and the boys). I am thankful for the month to regain strength and play with my kids. I plan to hold and hug them as much as I can now because for 3 months I won't be able to. I will write later about the MRI results.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Raquel, I just saw a woman at Yoga who had EYELASH EXTENSIONS!! Just beautiful...she had it done at Cerritoes Mall at Merle Norman. No kidding they were awesome. what can I do to help??

    ReplyDelete