shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday, Dec. 16, 2010

Been living La Vida Loca since my last chemo. I love growing stronger knowing that next Monday won't be another round. Yesterday my family and I were treated to Disneyland courtesy of Eileen & Mark, the Storms, and the Pattersons. We had a blast! It is most assuredly the happiest place on earth. The boys ran until they fell from exhaustion. Evan fell asleep in line waiting for the tram back to the parking lot. And it turned out that my "Scuz" and her family were there and so were the Lostraccos. I must admitt I used the "c" card big time and got a pass from Guest Services, which allowed all of us to walk straight to the front of the line for every ride. We rode every ride you can imagine starting with Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted House, Indiana Jones, Thunder Mountain, Small World, Tea Cups, Matterhorn, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's WIld Ride, and Space Mountain. I think I giggled and howled louder than my kids. I ate a corn dog, cotton candy and a hot fudge sundae for dinner. This morning I can hardly move. We stood and walked for 9 hours. But I don't care about the pain, it was worth it. A great big thank you to my dear friends for such a generous gift! I contine to play with my kids every day they are on Winter vacation. It is both fabulous and painful at the same time. MOnday is my EKG and blood tests for pre-op with my oncologist. Wednesday is my pre-op with the plastic surgeon. I heard yesterday that both of my surgeons agreed to remove my power port. Thank God I can be asleep when they pull it out as I'm just sure it will feel like slurping up a noodle as it snakes out of my main vein leading to my hear and back through my chest and down my arm. Ick and willies just thinking about it. Haven't lost any weight. In fact I haven't been drinking enough water so I've gained a few pounds. Give me a break, will ya? I met with my Jenny Craig consultant yesterday after a 4 month absence. I'm back on the diet until surgery. I have to lose some of this weight. I'm snoring so loudly Erich has to sleep on the couch. Every day I walk alot to rebuild my stamina. Oy! And everyday it knocks me out. WIll I ever gain my strength back? Ah, but life is good. Soon I will be cancer free and this will all be a fading memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment