shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 7: Round 5 Chemo

It's Sunday morning and I have come out from under the "haze." This round was kinder and gentler than the rest, I think. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I have only one more round of chemo left. I sit here tearing up just thinking of it. Step-by-step one can deal with anything, but I can't describe the relief that is beginning to wash over me at the thought of the end. We have all suffered so much in the past four months, my kids especially. December will be a celebration month, after chemo and before surgery. I woke up this morning at 4am with body aches and rolled over every 15 minutes. Finally I thought to stretch in bed and that helped my body relax and sleep until 6:30. Next round I think I will stay with my parents and try getting in the hot tub to ease the body aches. I'm left this morning with what feels like a mild sore throat and swollen glands. My head is clear, no headache, and I have energy. I will rest today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment