shaved head

shaved head
Channelling GI Jane

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day: Round 2 Chemo

Wow! What a difference steroids make. They make me loopy and wake up at 3am, but they really help with the fatigue. My mouth, throat, and GI system are much better also; same symptoms but to a lesser extent. Wed. I spent running around like I was on crack. I just love the effects of one of the anti-nausea meds, it's the only time I feel like I really have pep. So, amped on meds, I hit Target, TJ Maxx, and Kohls in about 2 hours swooping up all their cute hats. Afterwards I was off to the "spa" for fluids and Neaulasta shot. Sat between one woman who has been fighting lung cancer for the past 8 years and another who needs to be fitted with a feeding tube because she won't eat. My heart goes out to these warriors.

Yesterday and today I am on the couch resting, but pleasantly this round. My mother came to care for me yesterday and I gotta say it was wonderful to spend my day with my head and my feet in her lap. Since I became a mom I've forgotten what it feels like to need my own mommy. I learned you are never to old. Today a few of the Sassies are coming over to visit and bring my family food. I am so thankful for all my loved ones near and far who continue to want to help and send good wishes. I feel like the richest woman in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment